Step into the magical world of Harry Potter. Solve riddles, use magic, attend lessons and become a part of the Harry Potter universe.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
WE ARE CURRENTLY IN THE FIFTH YEAR.
THE RULES HAVE BEEN RE-EVALUATED AND EDITED ACCORDINGLY. YOU FIRST CHARACTER IS NO LONGER REQUIRED TO BE A FIRST YEAR BUT MUST BE A STUDENT.
THIS IS A CANON ONLY SITE AND THEREFORE ALL CHARACTERS MUST BE TAKEN FROM THE CANON CLAIMS LIST. ADULT AND STUDENTS ONLY BUT THE ABILITY TO MAKE CHILDREN MAY BE INTRODUCED WHEN IT IS DEEMED NECESSARY.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Alicia Spinnet to George and Fred Weasley
by Alicia Spinnet Wed 29 Jul 2015, 17:28

» Penelope Clearwater to Percy Weasley
by Penelope Clearwater Mon 04 May 2015, 12:16

» The Sound of Music
by Euan Abercrombie Tue 28 Apr 2015, 20:00

» Happy Birthday to me (Angelina / Open)
by Angelina Johnson Thu 23 Apr 2015, 23:56

» Euan Abercrombie
by Marzi El Mon 20 Apr 2015, 20:38

» Missed you (Angelina / Fred / Open)
by Angelina Johnson Sat 11 Apr 2015, 00:42

» Term - Back (Alicia / Open)
by Alicia Spinnet Sat 11 Apr 2015, 00:39

» Break (twins/Lee)
by Lee Jordan Sat 11 Apr 2015, 00:31

» I wonder (Alicia / Open)
by Alicia Spinnet Sat 11 Apr 2015, 00:23

» Singing (Alicia / Open)
by Ginevra Weasley Sun 29 Mar 2015, 00:33

» Date (Alicia / Nigel)
by Alicia Spinnet Sun 29 Mar 2015, 00:23

» You and me (Alicia / Angelina)
by Angelina Johnson Fri 27 Mar 2015, 23:52

» Bad News (twins/Alicia)
by Alicia Spinnet Thu 26 Mar 2015, 14:46

» Settled (Alicia / Open)
by Alicia Spinnet Wed 25 Mar 2015, 15:42

» Time to ask (Alicia / George)
by Alicia Spinnet Wed 25 Mar 2015, 03:17

» Couply (Alicia / Angelina / Open)
by Angelina Johnson Wed 25 Mar 2015, 02:22

» Angry (Ginny/Seamus)
by Seamus Finnigan Tue 24 Mar 2015, 23:28

» I don't know what to do (Alicia / Oliver)
by Alicia Spinnet Tue 24 Mar 2015, 16:09

» Going for a run (Alicia / Angelina)
by Alicia Spinnet Tue 24 Mar 2015, 15:48

» Calander of Year Five:
by HIH Queen Emma of Awesome Tue 24 Mar 2015, 15:32

» Education Decrees:
by HIH Queen Emma of Awesome Tue 24 Mar 2015, 14:38

» Counting the Days
by Alicia Spinnet Tue 24 Mar 2015, 02:26

» Just to say I am sorry (Alicia / George)
by Alicia Spinnet Tue 24 Mar 2015, 01:31

» Blow out of proportion (Angelina / Open)
by Angelina Johnson Mon 23 Mar 2015, 04:22

» Is it true (Alicia / George / Fred)
by Fred & George Weasley Mon 23 Mar 2015, 04:00

» Alicia Spinnet to Oliver Wood
by Alicia Spinnet Sun 22 Mar 2015, 01:27

» Let it go (Lee / Katie)
by Lee Jordan Fri 20 Mar 2015, 21:58

» Talking (Alicia / Angel)
by Angelina Johnson Fri 20 Mar 2015, 20:09

» Slytherin - Selina Moore
by HIH Queen Emma of Awesome Wed 21 Jan 2015, 02:38

» Adult - Hecate Audrey Oakham
by HIH Queen Emma of Awesome Wed 21 Jan 2015, 02:34

» Gryffindor - Lee Jordan
by HIH Queen Emma of Awesome Wed 21 Jan 2015, 02:33

» Ravenclaw - Luna Lovegood
by HIH Queen Emma of Awesome Wed 21 Jan 2015, 02:32

» Adult - Penelope Clearwater
by HIH Queen Emma of Awesome Wed 21 Jan 2015, 02:31

» Gryffindor - Ronald Weasley
by HIH Queen Emma of Awesome Wed 21 Jan 2015, 02:29

» Gryffindor - Seamus Finnigan
by HIH Queen Emma of Awesome Wed 21 Jan 2015, 02:28

» Ravenclaw - Astoria Greengrass
by HIH Queen Emma of Awesome Wed 21 Jan 2015, 02:17

» Gryffindor - Angelina Johnson
by HIH Queen Emma of Awesome Wed 21 Jan 2015, 02:15

» Adult - Phelan Noel
by HIH Queen Emma of Awesome Wed 21 Jan 2015, 02:13

» Gryffindor - Alicia Spinnet
by HIH Queen Emma of Awesome Wed 21 Jan 2015, 02:05

» Ravenclaw - Aaliyah Night
by HIH Queen Emma of Awesome Wed 21 Jan 2015, 02:02

Share | 

Hermione Granger

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hermione Granger

Favourite Location : Hogwarts

PostSubject: Hermione Granger   Tue 21 Jan 2014, 00:35

Birth Name
First Name: Hermione
Middle Name(s): Jean
Last Name: Granger
Suffix: N/A
Nickname: Mione

Birth Records
Birthday: September 19
Year: Second
Birthplace: London, England
Nationality: British
Current Home: London, England
Blood Status: Muggleborn

Heritage
Brother(s)/Sister(s): N/A
Mother: Gina Granger
Father: Jack Granger
Other: N/A
Guardian: Gina and Jack Granger

Maternal History: Gina was the fourth of five children, and found it very difficult to get any attention from her parents with so many siblings. She was not the most athletic, or the prettiest, or the kindest, or the funniest. The only thing that she felt she had that her siblings lacked was intelligence, and so she put her all into school, and got extremely high marks. When she went to college, she studied dentistry. It was there that she met Jack, who was in the same trade. After graduating, they worked together, and eventually married and had a daughter.

Paternal History: Jack was an accidental child, born to a moth who could not really afford to have him. He was raised by his mother, who had no family that she knew of, and Jack's father not knowing about him. His mother was unemployed, and had never had the proper education required to get herself a decent job. So Jack was raised on the streets, in great poverty. But his mother gave him everything she possibly could, even passing on food herself to help him. She also insisted that Jack go to school and not make the mistakes she had. He excelled in school, and was truly a genius. He attended university on a full scholarship, and studied dentistry. He graduated, and just as he was searching for his job, so close to achieving his life's goal of getting himself and his mother out of poverty, his mother passed away. Gina helped him through his grief, and through this they became very close and married not long after.

Appearance
Play By: [Watson, Emma]
Hair: long, bushy brown hair
Eye: brown
Skin Tone: slightly tan
Body: A relatively average, eleven-year old figure, average height, average weight
Clothing: casual and comfortable
Other: she has rather large front teeth

History
Your Childhood Before School: Hermione is the only child born to muggle parents, both of whom are dentists. Her parents loved her very much, and loved spending time with her whenever they were not working. However, they were also firm believers in the value of hard work, and made Hermione help out around the house. They pushed their daughter hard, especially when it came to school. But Hermione didn't really mind, because she loved to learn, and was naturally very good in school.

She worked hard and continually got straight A's. But she did not really have many friends at school, tending to act a bit like a know-it-all. She faced her share of bullies, but never minded them all that much. Ignoring them generally worked well for her but, when it didn't, she always had clever retorts. Though this never exactly made them leave her alone, she got by as she buried herself in her school work and spent time with her loving family.
Happiest Memory: When she got back her report card for fifth grade. She'd managed to get herself into some very hard courses that she wasn't meant to take until she was a few years older. But she worked hard, and wound up getting straight A's, as usual. Her parents were so proud they took her out to dinner.
Worst Memory: A particularly awful bully had been messing with her, and wouldn't leave her be, though she was trying to work. Eventually she gave up ignoring him, and looked up from her work long enough to snap something back at him. But then he made a comment about being such an awful person she couldn't even get a single friend. She snapped and hit him in the face, and he told a teacher and she got a detention. It is the only detention she had ever had, and her parents were so disappointed, and she couldn't bring herself to explain her reasoning to them, because what the bully had said had really struck home.

Personality
Personality: Hermione is a borderline genius. She reads a lot, loves to learn, and almost always seems to know the answer. And she always wants to give the answer, too, making her seem a know-it-all. She is not always the best with people, though she is relatively perceptive and very compassionate. Hermione disproves of breaking rules, but she does accept that sometimes it is necessary. She is exceptionally loyal to her friends, though she has trouble making them.
Likes: Learning, working, reading, teaching, helping people, doing well at things, logic puzzles
Dislikes: Being in trouble, disappointing her parents, bullies, sports, breaking her word, lying, being less than perfect, not knowing things
Fears: Failing, not knowing things she needs to, loosing those she cares about, getting in trouble, being alone and not having any friends
Hobbies: reading, learning about new things, logic puzzles such as Sudoku
Habits: When a question is posed, she instinctively tries to answer it, whether she is expected to or not.
Strengths: She's very smart and logical, she is very honest and outspoken, she is dedicated and hard-working, she is compassionate and perceptive, she is loyal and brave and trustworthy
Weaknesses: she is not always very good with people, she can be a bit of a know-it-all, she has trouble breaking rules
Worst class: Potions
Best class: Transfiguration
Traits: Intelligent, Dedicated, Compassionate
Values: If you make a promise, then you should do everything in your power to keep to it. Follow the rules whenever possible, but sometimes they need to be broken for the greater good. If someone has proven themselves to you, then don't start doubting them unless if you have very good reasons. Be true to yourself and your friends. If you believe in something, then you ought to speak out about it. Help those in need. If you really want something, you need to put in the work. School is important, and it's always good to know as much as possible.
Thing(s) They Love: Her books, especially a copy of A Midsummer's Nights Dream, which functions as her security blanket.

First sign of Magic:

Hermione didn't know how it had happened. Well, yes, she did. Her parents had gone to bed extra early, and instructed her to be in bed by eight - her normal bedtime. She was only eight, and knew full well that she needed a full nights sleep to be functional at school in the morning. But she had been so absorbed in her book, and she had completely lost track of time. What she had thought was only one hour turned out to be five. She had tried to get to bed at the instructed time, she had. But by the time she looked at the clock, she found it was already past midnight. She'd panicked and run up to her room, but she was so worried and guilty she still couldn't fall asleep. The last she'd looked at the clock before she finally passed out, it was already 1:30 in the morning.

So she'd only had five and a half hours of sleep before school, not nearly enough. She'd never gotten so little sleep before in her life. Hermione had been so tired that she failed the test they were given that day. Well, not failed, exactly. She'd received a C on it. But she couldn't recall the last time she'd gotten less than an A. Actually, she was verily sure it had never happened before.

And now Hermione was sitting at the kitchen table panicking. Her parents would be home any time now, and she would have to show them... they would be so disappointed. And then she heard the door creaking open and her parents announcing that they were home. She felt as though she couldn't breath... but, as she stared at her test, the words changed before her very eyes. The red ink covering the paper disappeared, and the answers she had gotten wrong righted themselves. The 78% - C at the top became 100% - A+. Hermione gaped at her paper. What in the world had just happened?

"You alright, honey?" Hermione heard her mother ask as she entered the kitchen and caught sight of Hermione's expression.

"Er... yeah." Hermione said after blinking a few times. The paper still said she'd aced it. Maybe she'd been so worried about having stayed up late that she had imagined the low grade. After all, it could hardly have changed. So she looked up and said more firmly as she smiled at her mum, "Yeah, I'm great. I just got my math test back from yesterday... I aced it!"

What house your character feels they belong in:

Hermione sat in a compartment with a few other first years. She had a book on her lap and was reading while they talked. "I'm going to be a Gryffindor - I'm brave." A boy said.

"Please - Gryffindors are just fools. I'm going to be a Slytherin, where all the successful people go."

"More like all the evil people."

Hermione looked up from her book as their voices raised, and pointed out, "You're turning it rather black and white. I've actually researched this a lot - the houses aren't so one-sided."

"Shut up." Said the boy who had started the conversation.

But Hermione was used to being talked to like that - that's why she had started reading to begin with. But she actually felt they were getting it wrong, and she had valuable information to share. So she continued, nodding at the first boy, "For example, you are right - Gryffindor is for the brave." Then, to the boy who wanted to be a Slytherin, "But there is a fine line between bravery and foolishness, as you said. Really, it can be hard to tell the difference. That's why the hat decides - it can see you better than you can see yourself, and is wise enough to know when one is brave or foolish. But, on top of that, you also have to be chivalrous to really belong in Gryffindor.

"Similarly, Slytherin is definitely going to have more well-known people in it, because they need to be ambitious. But it also has more than it's fair share of darker wizards, because they also focus on self-preservation and cunning. But neither of those necessarily have to be 'evil' traits, especially since they aren't the only ones they have. They might also be as brave as some Gryffindors, but these are their strongest traits."

The boy who wanted to be a Slytherin rolled his eyes and said, "Well, one-sided or not, any blind fool can tell you'll be a Ravenclaw."

"Well, maybe." Hermione admitted. "Actually, I'm kind of hope to be. I do value intelligence. And I believe I have the intelligence to make it in Ravenclaw. And I'm also open-minded about most things. But I would not presume to place myself in any house - that's why we have the hat. I am far too biased, do not know myself well enough, and certainly am not as wise as the hat. And I believe I also have some amount of bravery and chivalry, ambition and self-preservation, loyalty and patience and hard-work... Everybody has some of all the houses. And it's up to the hat to decide which I am best suited for, not me."

What house you feel your character belongs in:

I think she could have made a very good Ravenclaw - she's a genius and she is open-minded. She could also be a Hufflepuff, being very hard-working and loyal. However, I think that the hat did well to place her in Gryffindor. While she's not foolishly brave and doesn't jump into dangerous situations for no reason, she is more than ready to face danger when she thinks it is necessary.

Credit to Emz
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Hermione Granger
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1